Thursday, May 29, 2008

THURSDAY MAY 29



good morning from a sunny winters day here in Australia.

These roosters span a twenty year period of applique. the hanging at the top was myfirst applique piece and also the first I designed myself. The burgundy roosters were for an internet friend and done about five years ago.
The nremaining two were done recently and are much mochallenging as the feathers were often in two parts. however I did enjoy doing them.
I like to use unusual fabrics as backgrounds; often it is samples of curtain material that has come my way. The appliques are almost always in silks tho as I like working with the texture and colors of these fabrics.




1 comment:

  1. That is the most classy rooster I have ever seen - he could make a great addition to any henhouse.
    Bertha

    ReplyDelete